Turn Beauty Inside Out 2005

Thursday, April 14, 2005

TBIO 2005 Best Practices

Our objective in meeting with the Hollywood Executives was to create a list of "best practices" - ideas that decision makers in Hollywood need to implement so that there are more positive portrayals of women and girls AND ideas on what girls and their families can do so that we (the audience) can see more postiive movies.

here's what our group came up with:

Hollywood Executives need to...
Lose the stereotypes - have more complex girl characters (for example, popular girls aren't always mean, smart girls aren't always "nerds").

Have girls play roles their own age!

Cast diversity...
of personalities, ethinicities, religions, etc.

Show girls wearing normal (and more!) clothes!

Show good and bad friendships and relationships

Need to have more realistic families - family members shoud respect each other.

Characters need to change over time.



Girls and families need to...

Write letters to studios about what you like and don't like.

Use your consumer power!

Dont' watch tv and movies if you don't support their messages!

Think and talk with friends about your oppinions of TV and movies.

9 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger research guy said...

Hi there Mind on the Media, I had been out looking for some new information on when I found your site and TBIO 2005 Best Practices. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger Good Stuff said...

Hi Mind on the Media, Out surfing for information on attract girls & happened upon your site. While TBIO 2005 Best Practices wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Good Stuff said...

Hello Mind on the Media, been looking for the latest info on get any woman and found TBIO 2005 Best Practices. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger acne treatments said...

Hello Mind on the Media,

After reading your blog "TBIO 2005 Best Practices", I believe you will find the acne information on my site about Cause of Adult Acne to be very helpful.

To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ...

Clear Acne
Home Remedy For Acne
How To Get Rid of Acne
Natural Acne Treatment
Skin Care Acne Cosmetic
Baby Acne
Cystic Acne
Acne Vulgaris
Acne Riosacea.

We have hundreds of "must read" articles on acne and skin care topics in our Best Acne Treatment site.

Kind Regards

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Scott said...

My site is in a similar niche and some might find it as useful. I have a healthy skin related site focusing on healthy skin related topics.
Not what I was searching for, but none the less an interesting blog here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading alot of the text here. I got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Smallman said...

I have a similar website tied to pimples Come by some time.
I very much fancy your site, I bookmarked it! This information is terrific stuff.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Acne Cure said...

Hi, Thanks for your interesting blog. I will keep reading.
Please take the time to visit my following blogs about Acne:
proactive acne treatment blog.
best acne treatment blog.
acne scar treatment blog.
laser acne treatment blog.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger acne treatments said...

Hey Blogger,

Your blog "TBIO 2005 Best Practices", leads me to believe you will find my information on acne advice to be very beneficial.

Some of the not so common searches that found our extensive site included ...

acne tips
clear acne
get rid of acne pimples
acne directory
acne news
acne problem
acne teen treatment

I have many valuable topics giving help and hints about the causes and treatment of acne scars.

Best Regards

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Often finding clear pores related information is tough. When searching, I came across this wonderful blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home